I am Aakankshya Shrestha. Welcome to my bookish blog.
I am an undergrad student and my part time job is being an escape artist. However, my favorite and only means of escape are books, not ropes or chains.
Reading has always been a part of me as long as I can remember. It must have begun when I found a library when I was 10. Libraries are truly magical places.
As you can probably already tell, I am an introvert who reads a lot more books than it is considered healthy (for me).
Nowadays, I usually read on my Kindle or my phone. Trust me, I know reading a physical book is much more pleasurable. The smell of the pages, the glossy covers, turning the pages, denting the spine… But they are also quite inconvenient as a student. I can much easily carry a virtual library with me at all times on my phone and kindle.
Here are some fun facts that most people don’t know about me:
- I really wanted to study Forensic Science at one point (all influences of Lincoln Rhyme, and Sherlock Holmes)
- My favorite genre might be fantasy and thriller. Not that I stay away from other genres, but I usually find my way back to those.
- My fictional character role model is Felicity Smoak. ( a character from Arrow TV series, MIT graduate with a degree in computer science, so of course she is THE “hacker” AND she went through a goth phase in college. How freaking cool is that?) There might be other female book characters that I inspire me, but they are either shadowhunters or fae or a witch or are a supernatural character… you get the idea.
- I have come to realize that I can not resist a crime-fiction/mystery-thriller series books. I read all of Lincoln Rhyme books by Jefferey Deaver like a marathon or a readathon… might have done the same for Rizzoli and Isles series by Tess Gerritsen.
- I am exceptionally good at finishing books in one sitting and sticking to a series